Concorde Battery Corporation has manufactured the Sun Xtender Solar Batteries since 1987. The Sun Xtender is a deep cycle AGM battery that is specific for storing solar energy produced by your solar array.
Sun Xtender Series Solar Batteries have been designed and developed to meet the needs of the Renewable Energy Industry. Each battery is sealed, maintenance-free, valve regulated, deep cycle, and have long life lead acid batteries. The batteries never require water or addition of electrolyte. Sun Xtender Batteries are sealed and non-spillable; making them the safe battery choice. They operate upright, placed on their side or end. Sun Xtender Batteries are ideal for inside storage, on racks, in battery boxes, or outdoors. Sun Xtender Series Batteries are environmentally friendly, recyclable, and UL Recognized Systems Components.
Concorde Battery Corporation in the U.S. Military
The U.S. Military uses Concorde Sun Xtender batteries and worldwide by airframe manufacturers. They have a line of batteries that power aircraft. Concorde makes batteries for specific applications; this provides them with particular attention to detail and focused engineering for optimal battery effectivity. Concorde Battery Corporation manufactures the highest quality of battery standards, whether it is for use in an aircraft or solar energy storage.
Concorde Sun Xtender Battery Specifications
- Copper alloy terminals for improved electrical connections
- The new cover is a flat-top design. No protruding or exposed vent valves
- Reinforced container walls to reduce bulging
- High impact strength co-polymer polypropylene case and cover
- Completely sealed valve regulated construction
- Immobilized electrolyte non-spillable
- The maintenance-free design never requires watering
- Absorbed glass mat (AGM) micro-porous glass separators retain electrolyte
- Flame arresting pressure-regulated safety valves
- UL recognized systems component
- Low self-discharge rate approximately 1% per month at 25C (77F)
- Operate over a wide range of temperatures from -40C (-40F) to +72C (+160F)
- Classified as "Non-Spillable Battery" for transport; complies with DOT HMR49
- Non-Hazardous Materials
- Applications for Grid-Tied, Off-Grid, and Solar Energy Storage
- Selection of 2, 6, and 12 Volt options
- Amp-Hours range from 21-1344, dependant upon the specific product selected
- 12 month limited warranty
Made in the USA
Concorde Battery Corporation was founded in 1977 and is a privately held company based in California. Family owned and operated company, all Concorde products are made in the United States at their facility in West Covina, California.