40 kW Solar Kits
Compare price and performance of the Top Brands to find the best 40 kW solar system. Buy the lowest cost 40 kW solar kit priced from $1.15 to $1.90 per watt with the latest, most powerful solar panels, module optimizers, or micro-inverters. For home or business, save 30% with a solar tax credit.
What You Get With a 40kW Solar Kit
- Solar panels, inverters, roof mounting, cables, more
- 87 to 120 panels generate 4,000 kWh / mo (varies)
- UL Certified with up to 30 year manufacturer warranty
- Mount on rooftop or ground (optional); up to 2,200 sf
- Flat-rate shipping with lift-gate service to continental U.S.
- System design, permit plans, and installation instructions
- 24/7 performance monitoring via web and smartphone
- Lifetime technical support
SunWatts has a big selection of affordable 40 kW PV systems for sale. These 40 kW size grid-connected solar kits include solar panels, DC-to-AC inverter, rack mounting system, hardware, cabling, permit plans and instructions. These are complete PV solar power systems that can work for a home or business, with just about everything you need to get the system up and running quickly. The kit prices shown include hardware components only; click on any kit to add your choice of full-service installation.
A 40 kW Solar Kit requires up to 2,200 square feet of space. 40kW or 40 kilowatts is 40,000 watts of DC direct current power. This could produce an estimated 3,000 to 4,000 kilowatt hours (kWh) of alternating current (AC) power per month, assuming at least 5 sun hours per day with the solar array facing South. The highest output will be achieved with an unobstructed south-facing view of the sun for maximum solar power. The actual power generated will vary based on location, equipment and installation factors. Refer to your electric utility bill to find the actual kWh used per month and compare it to how much power these low cost 40kW PV systems can generate.
Click on a solar kit below to review parts list and options for battery storage, EV charging, ground mounting and installation.